Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen the 1/18th scale 1966 coupes offered made by an Australian company named Classic Carlectables? They offer three color choices, black, red and tahoe turquoise. The turquoise car is the only one offered in left hand drive. The interior is a beautifully rendered pony interior. They are a little pricey, around $80 US, but if you keep your eyes open on Ebay you can find them cheaper.

I found one and just received it. WOW! It's a knock out. I'll try to get a few pictures posted if anyone is interested in seeing one. It's a nice addition to my 1/18 scale collection.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just got mine (red) today. It has incredible detail! The air cleaner lid comes off and is actually wrapped seperately and comes in the trunk. The paint is extremely close to the original Candy Apple red on my car.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shocked when I discovered the air cleaner lid came off!!
Although I'm sure there are even MORE detailed cars available, I know I can't afford them! :lol:

The coupe is THE most finely detailed car in my collection. The second most detailed car I have is an Ertl '64 Thunderbolt. It has the rear seat cushion springs visible through the trunk, an opening glovebox and ashtray, and even keys in the ignition!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Pics???

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What ya want pics of Daniel, the Coupe or the Thunderbolt?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
The '66, please!

·
Registered
183 Posts
After looking even further on my Classic Carlectibles 66 coupe I noticed it has a door tag and buttons in the doors that actually work to hold the doors closed. It also has keys hanging in the ignition.
Another thing I noticed on this model that I haven't seen on any other of my models, all the windows are rolled up.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daniel,
I haven't forgotten about you. I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Groovy!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the pics. Of note is the shot with the open driver's door. Check out the VIN tag! The engine compartment shots show the air cleaner lid off and an overall shot. There's also all the tags included; air cleaner, shock tower, a/c compressor tag. You can just make out the hood hinges..with springs! In the trunk shot I couldn't capture the jacking tag, but it's there too! Just click on the pic to access the whole album. Enjoy!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys, i have a collection of over forty 64-66 different 1/18 scale stangs, and i must say that the carlectibles mustangs are the best you can buy in my opinion.

Ian.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a caspian blue 65 coupe with black interior in 1/18 scale?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure about that but I'd love to find a 1968 Tahoe Turquoise coupe. Black interior would be nice but not a necessity.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anybody seen the 1/18th scale 1966 coupes offered made by an Australian company named Classic Carlectables? They offer three color choices, black, red and tahoe turquoise. The turquoise car is the only one offered in left hand drive. The interior is a beautifully rendered pony interior. They are a little pricey, around $80 US, but if you keep your eyes open on Ebay you can find them cheaper.

I found one and just received it. WOW! It's a knock out. I'll try to get a few pictures posted if anyone is interested in seeing one. It's a nice addition to my 1/18 scale collection.

OMFG $80 you say HA!
CC: 1-18 PONY MUSTANG LHD 1966 TURQUOISE

try $250 before shipping. I can get an intake and carb for that much. OUCH!

Sweet little car though, would go nicely with some of my JL Fords.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts