Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got someone to get me the numbers off of the fastback mustang for sale here in GA. The serial number is 6t09A40422. The numbers on the door match the under the hood number. The body id in good shape ... all the lines are good, but the floor has a few rust holes. The interior is in good shape except for the wiring (rats nest). It is a c4 automatic with a 302 in it. The original engine come with the car as well. The guy does not have the title, but he has a tag reciept and a bill of sale. He wants 7000. for the car ... is it worth prrsuing.

Rick

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
You might run the VIN past the DMV in your area to see if the car can easily be registered (unless you already know that answer)...

66 A-coder complete with minor rust (I'm guessing the rust holes in the floor are small) and extra engine....I'd pay 5-7 K out here in California depending on examination of the details....provided the car can be registered without a big penalty...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rust holes seem minor, and there is some minor rust around the back windows (vents), but the car runs great, and looks good as well. someone in the past few years has repainted the car, but did not kill all the rust so some is coming back. I am not sure I can get a title yet... I am gonna ask on monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts