Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have some pics of the louver vents parts breakdown pictures, how does it attached to the car, there are 6 bolt holes on the opening . are they attached to that, if so im missing something but im not sure what, i have all the interior parts, i have the louver and vent pieces , can anyone help and let me know what i might and not missing, Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,471 Posts
There are 14 studs in the outside, painted "Grille Assembly" that hold the 5 chrome and black "Bezel Assembly" and the 2 "Baffle" parts together. 6 of these studs are longer and pass through the 6 holes you see in the opening. A flange nut goes on each of those 6 studs inside the car.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
A tip before you install them, paint the pocket area that the louver goes into at the front black so that when you look into the vent once its installed you do not see the body color. I believe they were done like that at the factory-maybe some one else will correct me if I am wrong about that...it certainly is noticeable if you don't! Hope the photos help, I may have more if you need them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,471 Posts
A tip before you install them, paint the pocket area that the louver goes into at the front black so that when you look into the vent once its installed you do not see the body color. I believe they were done like that at the factory-maybe some one else will correct me if I am wrong about that...it certainly is noticeable if you don't! Hope the photos help, I may have more if you need them.
The Body Assembly Manual says "ESB-M62J5-A-1724-B, Black Out Paint, Applied to entire surface area of air extractor depression".

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
What is the purpose of those 2 black pieces that mount over the ducts?

The covers with the red dots.

I don't have those with my vent assemblies and not sure what they do or if I need to fab something up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts