Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread that I can't find that was about fabricating your own rear quarter vent drain tubes if your fastback didn't come with them. When my 66 was disassembled, there were no tubes. But also, I don't see a way to attach a tube. It seems like there should be some kind of metal fitting welded on where the drain hole is to fit the tube on.

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
I JB-welded a PVC section of pipe over what remains of the downspout nipple, and then used clear plastic tubing to route the water into the rockers, ala 1965.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I did this. I forgot the size of the brass nipple, maybe 3/4", but it threaded itself in nice and tight.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
A dishwasher discharge hose from ACE hardware worked for me. One pacage was long enough to do both sides of the car. I used a clamp to positioin it over the rocker drain hole.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
From your supplied photo... the drain tube doesn't connect to anything shown in that picture... the drain tube will connect to a nipple located on the bottom of the air box. The tube will then pass through a hole in the metal support located under the box and then continue down through the rocker panel.

Dave

·
Registered
870 Posts
Jack1966 said:
, I don't see a way to attach a tube. It seems like there should be some kind of metal fitting welded on where the drain hole is to fit the tube on.
MOST, but not ALL, 66's didnt have a fitting, the water simply drained out the hole and was guided to the rockers with a pastic "water shield".
Unfortunately, over the years, the plastic shield either rotted away or was removed and not replaced... Like already advised above, either make a fitting or find a tube that will fit tight in the hole

Here is a pic of my original tubes and clamps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts