Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXTREMELY RARE 1966 Ford T5 Convertible. This T5 (non-Mustang) is highly optioned with a factory GT package, a 289 4V engine, RARE 4 speed manual transmission, power steering, disc brakes, deluxe interior, rally pac, tinted windows, and steel styled wheels! Unlike many color-change cars, this car was correctly refinished in its original Antique Bronze Metallic color and Parchment interior.

T5's in general are astonishingly rare, but a T5 GT Convertible, (let alone with a four speed) is exceptionally rare! There are no exact production figures available for 64/65, but in 67, they produced a total of 151 convertibles, so there was likely even less in 64/65, since it was the inception of this program. All totaled, only 340 of these cars have ever been located, and the widely accepted belief is that the great majority of documented Ford T5's have now been located. Worldwide, there are only 5 documented T5 GT Convertibles ever found. One is in Europe and four are in the US. Below are a few links for information on these incredible cars, and their history!

First Mustang Club Of Germany - T5 Register, History -

www.fordt5.com - The Ford T5 Registry

This car is in excellent restored, and mechanically sound condition. The car is tight, and runs and drives excellent. The exterior body, rockers/torque boxes, and other the areas of concern on early Mustangs of this era are of no concern on this vehicle. The unibody frame is devoid of any issue, accidents, or damage. The underside is clean and very presentable. The body fitment is excellent, with no evidence of accidents, poor patch work, etc. The doors, hood, deck lid all align, fit and close as expected.

The repaint is very nicely done, and presents very well, and would do quite well in any Mustang show it would be entered in. I am unsure of exactly when the repaint was completed, but again, it's quite nice. All weatherstrips and detail items have been replaced throughout the car. The chrome and trim is all in excellent condition, and all the brightwork/finishes have either been replated (chrome) or highly polished (stainless steel).

The interior is in nice, restored condition. The only items I would consider for eventual replacement would be the seat covers and carpet. I believe they are older reproductions, and I would replace to freshen these up. The convertible top is older as well, but again, quite presentable. The correct speedometer, unique to these cars is in place. A German Blaupunkt radio is in place in the dash, likely something that would have been installed back in the day in Germany I would believe.

The engine compartment has been nicely detailed and all proper components, and finishes are in place. New correct reproduction chrome valve covers, and air cleaner have been installed. The original stamped steel air cleaner and valve covers are included. A correct style reproduction battery cover has also been installed. The super rare T5 (and 65/66 Shelby) even-space export brace, with accompanying cowl reinforcement are still in place. The original VIN stampings are in place on the aprons, and the original body buck tag, unique to the Metuchen NJ cars is on the left hand apron. The engine runs great/smooth, and drives out, and transmission shifts, etc as expected.

If you are looking for an exceptionally rare example of Ford Mustang history, here's an excellent opportunity for a collectible car that you can drive, enjoy and show. This car would do well in any quality show anywhere in the country!

The car is located in Galena Ohio, near Columbus Ohio. Shipping can be arranged anywhere in the US, or overseas, including, if needed BACK TO GERMANY! :)

Email direct at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess a price would help; totally forgot to add this to the post. Price is $44,900/close offers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts