Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought a 1966 "T" code six cylinder convertible. The grill that came in it has the fog lights like the GT models. Was this grill available with six cylinder cars? If not, can I remove the fog lights and use the rest of the grill or do I need to buy another grill? Thanks.

· Registered
10,454 Posts
Fog lights were a factory option, and also a dealer installed option. (and also an owner installed option with a kit from the dealer) Fog lights were one of the first items repopped, so yours might have even been one of those kits too.
I think there are support bars built into the factory installed grills. but those are only rivets anyway.

The foglights are a very popular option, you might want to rethink removing them, unless you are going into a high MCA restored class. You don't "have" to have a GT in order to have fog lights.

· Registered
1965 Honey Gold A-Code Coupe
410 Posts
I've always loved the foglights and wondered why my grandfather never ordered them on the Burro... considering how foggy it is in Northern California. I've thought about putting them on myself, but it's a bit expensive for me at this point.

G

·
Fog lights were a factory option, and also a dealer installed option.
Fog lights were not a factory option in 65 or 66. The only way you got fog lights from the factory was with a GT. Other than that, non-GT would have to have been dealer installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.