Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was white the only Ford choice for GT stripes on Vintage Burgundy? I have a black interior but I dont think a black stripe would be good on a dark color. Any help would be appreciated on where I could get specific info. Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
No, Ford offered both black and white GT stripes with the Vintage Burgundy exterior. The only restriction being that a parchment interior could only have the white GT stripe. There are charts in the 66 FORD MUSTANG ILLUSTRATED FACTS BOOK and the HOW TO RESTORE YOUR MUSTANG books. The black stripes don't really look bad on Vintage Burgundy, they just don't stand out as much as the white ones do, but both would be correct on your car.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I was always told that you could special order any stripe color you wanted... My car had white stripes (I've never seen anything else on a v-burg car), but will have the stripes painted on in silver when it leaves the bodyshop. I saw this done on a car at Knott's last year and it looks very nice.

Since my car has been seriously "mongrelized", I am not concerned about being concours correct - I just want pretty and functional.

G

·
I've never heard of black GT stripes on a 65-66 painted vintage burgandy. the whole point of the stripes is so they stand out and look "flashy". It would be useless to install stripes that you can't hardly see, might as well leave them off.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
At our show 2 weekends back there was a 66 GT fastback in vintage burgundy with black GT stripes.

I vote for black ! No, they don't stand out a great deal, but I think they are very "stealth." Dickson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts