Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack, a rare car collector in Bellingham WA, is selling his 1966 K-code fastback, 4-speed. Calls it a "museum quality" kar. Restoration done by Orlando Mustang.

Will be above the $80K+ price range.

Contact Jack at five one two five five seven two seven two zero.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional Info: Owner verified this kar has a DSO code of 911840 which indicates this Kar was an "export". Owner claims to have all the previous owner's information and previous titles.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Interesting. I know the owner of Orlando Mustang personally and he does not know this car.
Well, that IS interesting.......

Reactions: Israel

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Not necessarily...the valve covers could have been a dealer install or OTC purchase in 1966...especially with a OTC COBRA Kit. The Edelbrock intake on the other hand...not so much.
Looks like a COBRA intake. It would be period. Edelbrock wasn't casting those either, btw.

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
"Not necessarily...the valve covers could have been a dealer install or OTC purchase in 1966...especially with a OTC COBRA Kit. The Edelbrock intake on the other hand...not so much."

+1

The valve covers are acceptable and so is the intake if its a Cobra Intake. If it's an Edelbrock intake....Not acceptable.

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Premium Member
13,098 Posts
As much as I like K codes. and that's a LOT, if I was spening $80,000 on a classic Ford (based) car, I'd much rather have a '67-'70 GT-350 which are available for the same money.

Z

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Not necessarily...the valve covers could have been a dealer install or OTC purchase in 1966...especially with a OTC COBRA Kit. The Edelbrock intake on the other hand...not so much.
The valve covers look like they have the rounded/oval bolt slots where the bolts are. Real, Buddy Bar valve covers are squared off...those ain't real either :surprise:

·
Premium Member
13,098 Posts
The '67 GT500 yes, the '67 GT350 no, you can still find them for that price, a driver maybe, but still a nice car.

You may have wait a while for one to come up for sale since they are not that common,

Z

1 - 18 of 18 Posts