Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first post. i am building a 66 coupe and have used this forum to help me figure out several problems i have ran into to. i now have one i can't find any helpful info on. i ordered the v8 engine mount kit from cj pony parts. i thought the kit would work for me. i am installing a 84 model 302 in my car. the brackets i ordered do not work. i called cj pony parts and was told that the kit would not work. i have tried a search and found very little info. can anyone tell me the right combo of brackets i will need to get the motor installed? i have posted a couple of pics of the way the kit i paid good money for fits. thanks for any help,

·
Registered
888 Posts
flip the pads on the frame mount and report back

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
^^^ yeah, what he said. They are installed upside down. Dean

Do not switch sides. Just flip around 180 degrees.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, i got it figured out. as you can see in the pics below i had the top bolt in the wrong hole. this caused the frame side mounts to be almost vertical. i was trying to put the mounts back on and accidently put the bolt in the outside hole or the hole that laid the mount back at more of a angle and everything lined up perfectly. in searching the web i know other people have run into this issue. the tech person at cj pony parts told me there mounts would not work on a early to late 80's block. maybe this will help someone else in the future. i did try to flip them. this does not work either. it raises the motor about 3-4 inches higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts