Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thanks, I found stuff, just gotta put everything together.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
For the guys that don’t have the adjustable lower control arm, how did you align the front end?

Thinking about swapping to the adjustable arms, will they fit to the same K member?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
For the guys that don’t have the adjustable lower control arm, how did you align the front end?

Thinking about swapping to the adjustable arms, will they fit to the same K member?
My Griggs LCA has no adjustment. Cast and camber adjusted on UCA.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I cant speak towards the 65-66 but i have the AJE on my 67 and yes you can install the sway bar. I cut the shock towers back to give me room for the FE motor. I used the AJE lower control arms and I used the 95 spindles for the bigger brakes. I also had to get different coil over shocks and springs rating for the big block. The cartridge that is in the strut is a Toyota MR2. It is very stiff. I replaced them with the koni adjustable which are much better shocks. alignment was able to be brought into spec without any issues.

Brakes were a little different to configure because of the different line sizes but it is all doable. Biggest issue i had was with the steering. The 67 in mid year came with a rag joint and mine was early model and had a solid shaft. I cut the end off and it had spines on it. I then talked with AJE and they sent me the updated steering knuckle.

I have a bunch of pictures in the link in my signature. Here is one when I was mocking it all up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm doing the same on my 66 convertible. Got the AJE K member and A arms. Tried using fox boxy struts with UPR coil over kit, including fox body camber plates.

The camber plates won't work, difficult to mount and not enough adjustment (camber).

Anyone know if the top of fox body struts will mate with the AJE camber plates from their AJE-6470 kit IF they even sell the plates separately?

Like other posters, the 6470 seems over priced.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts