Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 Mustang for sale. The body has been taken down to bare metal and all metal was used to repair it. 4x4 steel channel has been put in on each side fender to fender. This makes this beautiful car a great candidate for an eco-boost modification if you ever get tired of the economical Sprint 200 it is currently. I’ve owned the car for about 6 years, the body and interior are about as close to new as you can get. The top has also been replaced. The motor was really left alone except that it has a different head that I had cleaned up. It does burn some oil but leaks are minimal because the oil pan is a fresh replacement. So the drivetrain is about as original as you will find. The odometer shows 17,000 or so but I think that was changed during restoration actual mileage is probably around 90,000. This car was driven to California two years ago by my son. He said it kept up everywhere except in the steepest mountains where it maintained 55. It burned some oil but ran nicely. We had it shipped back here to Wisconsin because he ended up moving back from Silicon Valley. We are reducing the amount of vehicles in our barn to make room for our new farming adventure here in Wisconsin. This car gets more looks at shows because the blue color has enough metal flake in it to make it different. Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Blue Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Trunk Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A very nice looking vert. Do you have pictures of this 4x4? Price?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll dig through my picture, also forgot to say I’m asking $25,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like I was mistake. from this picture it looks like it was a 2”x4” steel channel Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
1,081 Posts
Do you have pics of the engine bay, underside, or door tag? What color is the top?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I’m selling off my car collection, sold the Porsche, I want them to go to someone who likes that kind of car, that’s why I’m selling them on the sites where people helped me when I was building them.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Is the house next? The house and barn/garage look fantastic.

That wagon is sweet too.

Nice, fun, diverse collection. too bad I'm out of space.

Edit: re-read your first post. Guess not. Have fun with the farming adventure!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I’m selling off my car collection, sold the Porsche, 65 Nova wagon now the Mustang, still have the Pontiac and Truck. I want them to go to someone who likes that kind of car, that’s why I’m selling them on the sites where people helped me when I was building them. View attachment 807907 View attachment 807908 View attachment 807909 View attachment 807910
Ok - I don't know if I can say 'wow' enough. Absolutely stunning vehicles - no slouches in the bunch. I wish I had the cash/place- I think you are very fair on the mustang. This is site is a bit weird when it comes to selling. Most already have a mustang so the interest is limited. I've had a few cars over the years on this site - it can be slow. But there are those who only check the site for cars that are for sale. I understand the reason though a mustang enthusiast should get it- if its on Facebook Marketplace I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem. Nice car(s).!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
All that glitters is not gold.

This '66, allegedly, has 2 dead cylinders and is in need of a rebuild. I feel for the new owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts