Registered
1966 Convertible 200/C4 Silver/Red
598 Posts
^^^^ Mine is just like that too. ^^^^

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
653 Posts
All the Mustangs we've had are/were 66 models. Both coupes ( the first two Mustangs) and the convertible (current Mustang) have the switch in the glove box as per the owner's manual.
Font Auto part Motor vehicle Rectangle Engineering

·
Premium Member
15,353 Posts
Since it has been determined that all '65/'66 Mustangs had the switch in the glove box you may want to ask when the change was made from a switch/harness that was all 1 piece to a switch/harness that was 2 separate pieces, i.e. a separate harness and a separate switch.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Since it has been determined that all '65/'66 Mustangs had the switch in the glove box you may want to ask when the change was made from a switch/harness that was all 1 piece to a switch/harness that was 2 separate pieces, i.e. a separate harness and a separate switch.
Not true, in 65 the flasher was an option. Most were dealer installed. Common install locations were under the dash by the radio and under and to the left of the steering wheel. At the beginning of the 66 year they became standard and were installed in the glove box but were a separate harness. The switch to built in wiring came about Mar 66.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts