Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I had to repair the shock tower holes on MyFirstCar as well, just used a little round plug to tack in then weld around and ground smooth. A little primer, a little paint, good as new. Got some 90° zerks in some new control arms and it's been happy ever since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I pulled all the power steering off the car. I removed all the tie rods and steering box. I am going back with manual.A guy is suppose to trade me for a manual unit. The power steering is high to repair. My pump is the thicker one because the car has air and it is lock up so it also need rebuilt. Manual will be simple and easy and should work good with my headers.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Wow, just torch a hole to get at the grease fittings. Good thing they didn't have hand grenades available. I guess they didn't know right angle grease fittings can be had for less than $1 each. They aren't too hard to install without any disassembly other than to take the old ones out first.
More common than you might think my 1st 66 was cut like that and I've seen a lot more
To the OP welcome ,and you may wan to consider an Export brace

21 - 27 of 27 Posts