Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Depends on what your overall goal is. Myself, I prefer wheels and there are a lot of great options out there.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Then I'd go with some Mag 500 style wheels to keep it simple yet original looking and enjoy.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I getting closer to paint on my 66. Should I go with the stock wire hubcaps or a set of nice wheels??
If you have the wires then ya, keep it simple and let the next guy drop an extra grand on tires and wheels. The wires go well with white walls.

·
Registered
20,925 Posts
I pulled all the power steering off the car. I removed all the tie rods and steering box. I am going back with manual.A guy is suppose to trade me for a manual unit. The power steering is high to repair. My pump is the thicker one because the car has air and it is lock up so it also need rebuilt. Manual will be simple and easy and should work good with my headers.
Noooo! If you haven't removed the PS steering box, don't. The only thing different between a manual box and a PS is a slight difference in the preload setting. On PS cars the ram has been doing all the hard work. Basically the only thing the steering box is doing is operating a hydraulic valve. Your PS will be like new condition inside.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Looking good. What type of paint did you decide to go with?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts