Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
66 Mustang 289 with T-5 manual transmission and Holley Sniper EFI.

Car has been restored over the past 2-3 years. Car has a clean title, but never registered by me. Car was originally from NC.

When I say the parts are new, I mean they were purchased new over the last 2 years, but only driven around the neighborhood.

Metal replaced: Doors, fenders, quarters, wheel tubs, rear valance, front valance, stone guard, full length floor plans, seat risers, passenger fender apron, battery tray, fuel tank and I’m sure a couple other things.

Suspension: Front coils & insulators, rear leaf springs & bushings, shocks, tie rods, ball joints, upper & lower control arms and idler arm.

Interior: Rear seat covers, headliner, carpet, glove box & door, instrument cluster, steering wheel, heater box rebuild, door cards, weather stripping, some handles, scissor assemblies, mirror, Bluetooth radio and some other bits.

Brakes: drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, lines and install accessories.

Added: Ram hydraulic internal throw out bearing, Export brace, Monte Carlo bar, dual master cylinder, 3 point front seat belts, front seats from SN95 Mustang, One wire alternator, Sniper EFI, high pressure in tank fuel pump, Tri-Y headers, 2.25” dual exhaust, American Racing “D” wheels with new tires.

Motor was stock rebuild, bored 30 over, main and connecting rod are std. New pistons, cam, lifter, timing chain, etc. nothing special.

There are a couple of items the that I chose not to install, (my taste / style) but can easily be installed. No fender badges, fender antenna (powered antenna is under the package tray in the trunk), drivers outside mirror, drip molding ,rocker molding and quarter scoops.

Selling for a few reasons, my son moved to Boston last year and will not be able to maintain 2 vehicles (was building the car for him), I have a 2 car garage with two 66’s in it and my wife wants back into the garage (a hill I’m not willing to die on) and I do not have the time to tinker with and drive both cars.

Photos were taken 3/21/2021.

Priced at $11,250.00 or $10,750.00 with Sniper EFI replaced by Holley 4 barrel carb.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Fixture
Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Car Speedometer Automotive lighting Light Gauge
Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Automotive tire Shade Automotive mirror Plant Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate
Vehicle Plant Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Plant Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
66 Mustang 289 with T-5 manual transmission and Holley Sniper EFI.

Car has been restored over the past 2-3 years. Car has a clean title, but never registered by me. Car was originally from NC.

When I say the parts are new, I mean they were purchased new over the last 2 years, but only driven around the neighborhood.

Metal replaced: Doors, fenders, quarters, wheel tubs, rear valance, front valance, stone guard, full length floor plans, seat risers, passenger fender apron, battery tray, fuel tank and I’m sure a couple other things.

Suspension: Front coils & insulators, rear leaf springs & bushings, shocks, tie rods, ball joints, upper & lower control arms and idler arm.

Interior: Rear seat covers, headliner, carpet, glove box & door, instrument cluster, steering wheel, heater box rebuild, door cards, weather stripping, some handles, scissor assemblies, mirror, Bluetooth radio and some other bits.

Brakes: drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, lines and install accessories.

Added: Ram hydraulic internal throw out bearing, Export brace, Monte Carlo bar, dual master cylinder, 3 point front seat belts, front seats from SN95 Mustang, One wire alternator, Sniper EFI, high pressure in tank fuel pump, Tri-Y headers, 2.25” dual exhaust, American Racing “D” wheels with new tires.

Motor was stock rebuild, bored 30 over, main and connecting rod are std. New pistons, cam, lifter, timing chain, etc. nothing special.

There are a couple of items the that I chose not to install, (my taste / style) but can easily be installed. No fender badges, fender antenna (powered antenna is under the package tray in the trunk), drivers outside mirror, drip molding ,rocker molding and quarter scoops.

Selling for a few reasons, my son moved to Boston last year and will not be able to maintain 2 vehicles (was building the car for him), I have a 2 car garage with two 66’s in it and my wife wants back into the garage (a hill I’m not willing to die on) and I do not have the time to tinker with and drive both cars.

Photos were taken 3/21/2021.

Priced at $11,250.00 or $10,750.00 with Sniper EFI replaced by Holley 4 barrel carb.

View attachment 787739 View attachment 787740 View attachment 787731 View attachment 787732 View attachment 787733 View attachment 787734 View attachment 787735 View attachment 787736 View attachment 787737 View attachment 787738
Additional Photos Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Premium Member
9,888 Posts
Gorgeous car. Maybe post pictures of the floors, inside trunk and quarters, frame rails etc. Much luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.