Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to convert a '66 convertible v-8 auto to front power disc brakes but the owner would like to keep his original wheels. SSBC or CPP can't give me any engineering drawings for dimensions. Does anyone know if this conversion is able to be done while keeping the original wheels?,Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
SSBC only requires that you use a 15" wheel. And I gotta say that I'm very satisfied with their kit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If you use the SSBC kit with the four piston Kelsey Hayes calipers, you can stay with any stock wheel size. The calipers are a repop of the originals.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
SSBC, and us Dealers of SSBC state 15" wheels to be used.

The reason for this, all 15" and larger Ford 5 on 4 1/2" wheels will bolt on , and clear the 4 Piston K/H Style, STOCK Calipers.

BUT!---14" wheels will work fine, as long as they are Disc Brake style wheels.

ORIGINAL Styled steel DISC BRAKE wheels, 14" will clear the calipers. They did in 65 66, they will today.

A Black Steel 14" wheel off a Drum Brake 65 66 WILL NOT Clear the Caliper.

A 70 up Mustang, Torino, Montego, Yes even Granada Black Steel 14" wheel will fit Our SSBC setups perfect.

ALL, Newly manufactured (Within last 30 years) wheels 14, 15, 16, Etc, will fit. The Manufacturers haven't made a Drum Brake wheels for years, Who would buy them.

These 65 66 67 Disc Setups are Exact repoducions of Stock, Factory ASSENBLY LINE Brakes, Not Made up Pieces, Parts, Gathered, Welded, Assembled to make a Disc Brake System. So STOCK Equiptment, Parts will fit Now, and 30 Years from Now.

That is the Comfortable feeling of not having to be concerned about WHAT DID I PUT ON????

You put on FACTORY Mustang Disc Brakes.

Dan @
Chockostang

www.chockostangclassicmustang.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts