Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be installing a 351w into my 1966 mustang in the spring time and hoping to get my mustang ready for it. It’s a 475fw horsepower engine and I’m trying to improve handling before it goes in. Have a decent budget for it and looking for front and rear suspension. P steering if anyone has had luck with electric and disk brake conversion is what I’m looking at

·
Registered
998 Posts
What are you plans for transmission and gearing? Are you keeping with leafs or considering a coil over system with a 3 or 4 link? I would also suggest looking into strengthening the unibody with a monte carlo bar, single piece export brace, subframe connectors, and possibly add torque boxes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a good 4 speed and will be rebuilding my 9 inch. I was planning on keeping leaf springs but unsure I guess as it is just a street car. Yes strength is definitely something I need to look into thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
What kind of springs/shocks do you have in the car now? How old are they and/or what kind of shape are they in? With 475hp at the engine you'll probably need some stouter leaf springs as well as possibly traction bars. Depending on what you have for shocks, I'd probably also look into upgrading those as well. Other things like roller spring perches, larger sway bars and so on are also going to help. Just depends on what you've got as is and what you want to do with the car.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,290 Posts
Convertible inner rockers, torque boxes and subframe connectors To start.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts