Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I’m new to the forum. I’ve owned a few mustangs over the years and I recently purchased a 66 with no door warrantee plate. I’m in the process of getting a plate made and would like it to be as accurate as possible. Does anyone have access to the mustang production guide volume I that can tell me approximately when it was built.

Vin # is 6F09C212744

From my deduction this is what I have for everything else

Body = 63A
Color = Q. Original color appears to be a darker blue
Trim = 86
Date = ?
DSO = somewhere down south maybe Atlanta
Axle = 6
Trans = 6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
You may want to look at the website "In Search of Mustangs" to see if there are any cars listed with VINs close to yours. You must register to see the lists.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You may want to look at the website "In Search of Mustangs" to see if there are any cars listed with VINs close to yours. You must register to see the lists.
Can anyone tell me how to register on the ISOmustang site. I see where you can add your car but not actually register with an id and PW

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your VIN is not listed in the Production Guide 1 but there are only fractions of the whole amount inside.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
All orig Ford sheet metal has a coded date stamping. That could get you "in the general ball park". Areas that would have it, top fender lips, underside of hood, inside drain edges of trunk (where lid comes down on).
Others maybe able to explain better.
Of course hood fenders may have long been swapped out but trunk area maybe still orig sheet metal.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
"Trim = 86"

That's impossible for a 1966 Mustang. Trim code 86 was a Black interior for a '64 1/2 Mustang.

That code was changed to "26" for 1965 and 1966 Mustangs. If you have an ALL BLACK Standard Interior, It should be code "26"....not "86".

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
The DSO for Atlanta is "21". DSO=21

Do you have any original paperwork for the car?? The Original Owner's Manual Perhaps?? Or the Original Ownercard??

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No luck. It’s been “restored” a couple times, so there is not much there. I have a couple title copies going back to the 90s showing it came out of Georgia.

I appreciate the info though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts