Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I have a 1966 convertible, Nightmist Blue ext paint, interior code is F2, deluxe, parchment with blue trim. The car was acquired from the long-time 2nd owner in 2014 who had it since 1972, and who did a restoration back in 1997. The interior was changed to the white and light blue two tone seats. I bought a TMI kit back in 2014 and had the seats redone in parchment. The carpet included in the kit was a medium blue. Being a convertible and the top is down quiet a bit in season, the carpet has faded significantly and is time to replace. I am looking at the ACC original style raylon loop with the mass backing. There are many colors to chose from with their being a med blue called Ford Blue that seems to be a close match to the repo I put in back in 2014. Would anyone know if this is a reasonable approximation of the original carpet color for an F2 code?

The first pic is how it was when acquired. 2nd pic is after interior redone. the floor mats do mask the front carpet. The dash pad is from the redo and part of the TMI kit.

Also when touching up the paint on the dashboard around the glove box, I used the parchment paint, but it looks more yellow ochre or brownish than what is currently there. I am thinking the prior owner repainted it in the standard white interior paint which is an off-white. I actually like the off-white color better than the parchment color on the dash. outside of this blemish, the dash looks great.

Thank you,
Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
1) beautiful car!
2) it's your car and you can do what you like, and I like what you did
3) the Ford Blue color is probably the best match. You can ask for swatches from ACC (they're the best at what they do!) And the Mustang carpet can be made or dyed in virtually any color they offer if you send them a piece of carpet you want to match... what you can see on a computer screen may be a little off

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) beautiful car!
2) it's your car and you can do what you like, and I like what you did
3) the Ford Blue color is probably the best match. You can ask for swatches from ACC (they're the best at what they do!) And the Mustang carpet can be made or dyed in virtually any color they offer if you send them a piece of carpet you want to match... what you can see on a computer screen may be a little off
Thank you, I understand, I have the final say. I have tried to keep this as close to factory as I can, knowing some of the parts are repo vs nos, but not sure I want to buy 50 year old carpet or weatherstripping. I added the styled steel wheels to replace the Keystone rims it came with.

The carpet color of Ford Blue seems to me to be the closest to the replacement that I bought, but not having any pics from the original condition, or finding any pics with the F2 interior, I thought I would ask. I have never had anyone tell me the carpet or seat color was off a shade.

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
1,217 Posts
Love the change to parchment. I did blue carpet in my old 66 and had to figure out the correct color as well. I went with med blue or ford blue. It should match your dash reasonably well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts