Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have the original driver's remote mirror and it worked fine, until my son knocked something off the shelf and it hit the mirror body. Now the mirror is loose on the base. The base is secure to the car. And the control still works from inside. It is just any movement of the car and the mirror with the housing wobbles and keeps repositioning itself. I have taken the door panel off and it is still connected to the cable and no slack to pull in. Therefore I am assuming I need to remove the mirror from the base and look under.

Is there a pin or screw that may have gotten bent or broken and is there a way to salvage without buying a new one?

Thank you,

Bob

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Not sure about the '66, but on the '67 remote mirror there's a screw up in the base that holds the mirror section on. This is in addition to the obvious screw on the back of the mirror (forward facing on the car). If you pull the mirror off of the car and look up in the base it should be easy to see.

Assuming it's like the '67 of course.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

you were correct, removed the two screws holding down the mirror, tightened the underneath screw and it tightened up perfectly. then put back on the car, so all set to go.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts