Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the proceedures for replacing the single center speaker in the dash on a 1966? Don't see it addressed in the shop manual... I can't see the speaker from under the dash so I'm thinking the glove box has to be removed for access.

As always, thanks

G

·
Unless someone in the past as monkeyed with it in some strange way, you should be able to readily get at it through the grill area on top. The speaker sits down in a hole and is screwed into place. Should be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sure, you remove the defrost vent grill. There should be 4 screws holding the speaker in. remove them.
The wires should have a connecter. pull them apart and connect the new speaker wires. Drop the speaker in and replace the screws. Set the defrost vent in place and your good to go.

should take less than 10 min.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I must have had a brain cramp. I just did not expect it to be that easy......

take care

G

·
Amazingly, John, it appears Ford engineers didn't have time to make it more of a PITA. If they had had the time, I'm sure we would need to drop the tranny to get to it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts