Just starting a restore looking for some tips. Pony is real clean in and out. Runs good, but what is the engine compression on a 289. Where is a good place to buy parts I live in Miss. just south of Memphis.
Congrats! You're in for a lot of fun. We're here in Louisiana and have been fixing up our '66 coupe for 3 years now (just a little here and there). My advise is:
1) Try it yourself before paying someone to do it (most things on the stang you can't really hurt.
2) Parts for stangs are relatively cheap so buy the best ones you can find. (I've found Johns' Mustang in Houston to be a good resource as well as Texas Mustangs, Dallas Mustangs,and NPD).
3) Use this forum for advise - many wise men (and women) out here willing to help.
4) Get involved in a local mustang club - priceless connections there.
5) Enjoy - and don't get in a hurry.
After using another supplier for over 20 years, I found NPD. I couldn't be happier with them. Great inventory, I found some really hard to locate parts through them. Fast delivery and reasonable prices. You will have a blast restoring your 66. Take your time and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is nothing like showing off a car you restored yourself. Just think of all of the war stories you will have to tell. :lol: