Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nee to replace my heater hoses on my 67 289 san jose car with AC. Looking at parts suppliers I see black hoses, hoses with white stripes and red stripes.

What color strip do I need to be correct?

thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
White or red stripes are acceptable. We made an attempt to determine patterns over on the CMF web site but failed to draw conclusions. Unrestored cars with documented original hoses are too scarce I’m afraid.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
White or red stripes are acceptable. We made an attempt to determine patterns over on the CMF web site but failed to draw conclusions. Unrestored cars with documented original hoses are too scarce I’m afraid.

thanks White it is then.

Did the "S" hose from the heater control valve to the heater core have a stripe?

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
'65-'66 A/C cars had either One White and One Yellow Stripe Hoses.....or Two Yellow Striped hoses....

I'm certainly no expert on '67-'68 cars, but I would check over on the "Concours-Mustang" website forum again anyway before buying or installing any hoses...just to be sure Just a tip..

"Unrestored cars with documented original hoses are too scarce I’m afraid."

I find it hard to believe that they could not find any Original '67 examples as even Original '65-'66 Examples still exist...(Unrestored Original cars)

ConcoursMustang Forums - Index

Tony K.

:eek:)

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
I did a search over at CMF... and found this below..

Found an answer to your question... right from Bob Gaines... MCA/Shelby/SAAC Judge....

Here is the best answer found concerning '67-'68 A/C Heater Hose Stripes....

Quote:

"Go with the redish stripe hoses because it is more common but yellow would be the other possibility. A late car would typically be June or July right before shut down. "

Tony K.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I did a search over at CMF... and found this below..

Found an answer to your question... right from Bob Gaines... MCA/Shelby/SAAC Judge....

Here is the best answer found concerning '67-'68 A/C Heater Hose Stripes....

Quote:

"Go with the redish stripe hoses because it is more common but yellow would be the other possibility. A late car would typically be June or July right before shut down. "

Tony K.
Tony, that reference is taken from this post:

(from 2011) 67 390 W/AC Heater Hose Question?.

However, in the following post (from 2015) it appears that the take was early white stripes were predominant before March 67, after that red and yellow were introduced.

Heater hoses

The there is some conflicting thoughts between the two, especially with the reaffirmation of the 2011 post in 2017.

Since we don't know the build date of the OP referenced car, I would recommend that the OP read those two posts and then decide, or if needed, ask follow up questions.

To answer the OP regarding the "S" hose I don't recall seeing an answer to that one. I did a search and did not see it. I recommend that you consider joining that forum and posting the question!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just pulled the heater box out of my 1967 GT500. Owned it since 1970. Absolutely believe the hoses are original. Absolutely Red stripe. Hope this helps someone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts