Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 1967-68 Fastback S-code 390ci engine for a restoration project. Prefer 4-speed. GT a plus. Any condition considered. If you or anybody you know has a car like this one please post here or e-mail [email protected]

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Here's a link to some photos

1967 GTA 390 S-Code

Don't have the vin or data plate info in front of me. I also have a marty report on it.

It came as a S-code GTA automatic, Wimbeldon white paint, black standard interior, center console, PDB, PS

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doug: Thanks for pictures and info. What about sheetmetal? Are floors originals, framerails and the cowl?
Anything you want to add is fine with me.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Everything is original. Frame rails look in good shape as well as the cowl, and floors. I think there might be a little rust in the trunk, but will have to check it out on monday to be sure. The driver's side quarter has a minor dent, but appears to be easily fixable. It looks like the car has been painted before along time a go, as it is badly faded & cracked. The prevous owner I guess had set it up for a 4-speed as there is a manual brake set up in the car currently, and the console is missing.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Doug for info. A couple of more questions.The car is priced at 7500.00. I just missed the one you got before 1968 S-code for 5k. Why the pricing difference.Is the price firm, I will have to transport the car to east coast. Where can I get the correct drivetrain for this car? Do you know why this car is missing the drivetrain?

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
The one we sold for $5k was a plain jane, with no power options. and was not a GT and was missing a few more parts than this one. Why the car is missing the drivetrain, I have no idea, as that is the way we got the car.

We do have a complete and correct rebuilt 1967 GT390 and either a C-6 or Toploader (your choice) for sale separately for about $4k. I am making these available only to those interested in the GTA, and will not sell them outside of selling the car. We still may do something with both if neither sales.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Doug for the quick replies!!! Please let me know what is the best time to call you on M onday. Check the car's trunk for the rust you mentioned and let me know. I also would like to see a picture of the passenger side front end. I see a gap in between fender and pass. door. Do you recall if car has fold down rear seat?. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts