Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend at a local event called the Bluebonnet Car Show in Burnet TX, I saw an interesting Mustang. It's a 1967 Bluebonnet Special also known as the Lone Star Limited made for Texas. Pretty unique. Don't recall ever seeing one before. Quite the coincidence of it being at a show of the same name.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I like those wheels and tires, 14s with a lot of sidewall just looks right on a 67.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
That paint doesn't look the same color as the other LSLs I've seen photos of. There's a couple of LSL threads here on VMF that get revived every couple of years.
And Bluebonnet is one word as you have spelled it.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
The actual color for those doesn't look like that.......

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. Maybe they didn't get the color right on a re-spray. I thought that didn't look quite right. Is it possible that all were not that brighter color?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Maybe its the camera.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Born and raised in Alabama, been around the world and I love it here, but Texas or Tennessee probably would be where I would go if they ran me off.

Reactions: BlakeTX

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Hmm. Maybe they didn't get the color right on a re-spray. I thought that didn't look quite right. Is it possible that all were not that brighter color?
I understand that the Bluebonnet paint was not a standard Ford color. It was developed especially for the LSL Mustangs so they would have all been that same color.

·
Registered
351 Posts
FYI - There is one currently for sale in FW. This one looks to have the correct color. However, I think the asking price is a little ambitious for a coupe with some special badging and a drivers side door that isn’t aligned properly. Just, saying...

Dcubedus

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
FYI - There is one currently for sale in FW. This one looks to have the correct color. However, I think the asking price is a little ambitious for a coupe with some special badging and a drivers side door that isn’t aligned properly. Just, saying...
Take the 5 off of the end of the price and I'd be interested.
That's the blue color I associate with the LSL.

·
Dimples
4,356 Posts

Dcubedus
All of the classic Mustangs at Streetside are drastically overpriced, but that one takes it to the next level. Still, it’s a fun place to walk around. It’s kind of like an air conditioned car show where everything is parked too close together.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Yeah, the Doc can put the other glove on and give me a second opinion before I pay that kind of money for that kind of a car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
@dcubedus Thanks for posting the link to the one for sale. Very interesting. Serious coin.

I think the badging looks sort of funny. The pony is running east on the Texas-shaped badge. This works great on the passenger side, because the LSL badge pony and the tri-stripe pony both are running towards the front of the car. But on the driver's side, the tri-stripe pony is running towards the car front, but the LSL badge pony is running towards the back. I think we got us a gin-you-ine stampede here, podnuh!

Reactions: BlakeTX

·
Registered
19 Posts
That paint looks more like Arcadian Blue to me, definitely not Bluebonnet, but many were resprayed over the years. It was surprisingly hard for me to get the actual PPG color code for Bluebonnet during my restoration, so it's plausible that they used a standard 1967 color instead. The badges are missing some shading details too.

Hey tx65coupe, if you happened to get the owner info in one of your pics (maybe from the show entry form on the dash?), PM me please. I have a list of over 20 owners collected and would like to reach out if this isn't a car already on the list. I also have the original LSL badge tooling, so if the VIN checks out, I want to send them some better badges for the car. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts