Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to restore the deluxe interior in my '67 and trying to determine the best option to replace the brushed aluminum dash (which is in terrible shape).

It appears that Burton makes very high quality stuff - and NPD markets this as the best available:
https://www.npdlink.com/product/bru...l-aluminum-incl-repro/146995/204961?year=1967

Does anyone have feedback on this set? I've tried searching the archives with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,630 Posts
When I was in the market for replacement panels 15 years ago, I ended up using the Scott Drake repro because of three details not then present on the other brands.

First, the green turn signal indicators on the Ford originals have a thin chrome border around them while the other brands did not at that time.

Second, the blue high beam light has a thin chrome border around it while the other brands did not at that time.

Third, the panel seam separating the instrument cluster panel from the A/C center vent panel has a raised border like the original while the others available when I was looking did not.

While I have consistently heard that Burton makes high quality parts, I am not sure what options are available now .

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. Does anyone else have feedback on the Burton set?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes, Burton is absolutely the best. They use real aluminum cut to OEM specs. I got mine several years ago (before Mr. Burton passed) but at the time they had two levels: The first (I bought) was less expensive and stellar but a simple glue on item. The second edges were rolled to MCA specs for concourse restorations.

I've had my car for nearly a decade and the dash and door trim still looks new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts