Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Convertible
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how different are the rear seats from the coupe. I would think they would need to be a bit narrower to clear the top.

Does anyone know the exact dimensional difference?

I read here the seat bottom frame is very unique to the convertible although the seat back could be made from a coupe seat back. I have two sets of rear seats so I'll pick the better set and eventually sell off the other set.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I know it's more narrow but I don't know by how much

·
Registered
907 Posts
They are no where the same. A ton of work to make a coupe seat work. I tried, just not the same, back section is a lot thinner at top, not as wide, shorter, same as bottom section, not as wide as coupe, frame curve is not the same, springs sections are not the same. Some say they made it work. I put mine in the junk . A lot of cutting and welding, getting and finding all the correct measurements. If all you have are coupe seat frames, and can live with a half ass looking seat, it will work. I have spent 2 years building my 68 convertible and could not, Butch, 68projectcar

·
Registered
907 Posts
I can tell you what a convertible is, It is 43 inch wide at the top of seat, about 2- 2 1/2 thick depends on where you measure on the curve of the seat I have extra padding on mine, So should be about 2 inch thick. Maybe some one can tell you what a coupe is and then compare. 68projectcar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts