Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after waiting for 6 weeks for my new coil over kit from GW, I carefully installed it per there instruction's then took it in for the alignment, my shop could not get the caster set it was coming up short ended up at 1.7deg. I called the tech at GW and found out that the kit comes with + 3 UCA's and they were installed on the wrong side and the instructions going out with these kits are outdated stating they are universal. Now GW will not return any of my calls or emails and I am out the cost of a new alignment and the time to change the arms. Not sure what to do next any advice would be appreciated.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
So after alignment can you post a review of the handling?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That is really unfortunate, I don't imagine GW doing anything about it though honestly. I like their parts but the customer service is a bit slow and short on their responses, if you even get one.

Sounds like it was a simple enough fix and you already have the car on the road. I bet it handles great!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't expect much from them I did talk with Doug and he told me he would look into it then....nothing. Along with the neg coil over kit I also installed a Steeroids rack and pion, now it like driving a complety different car, handles great I defiantly do not have any issues with the quality of the kit. It still does not handle as nice as my 15 GT but it is now at least fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I believe you are the first person on this site to post a review of any sort on the GW coilover kit.

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
I don't expect much from them I did talk with Doug and he told me he would look into it then....nothing. Along with the neg coil over kit I also installed a Steeroids rack and pion, now it like driving a complety different car, handles great I defiantly do not have any issues with the quality of the kit. It still does not handle as nice as my 15 GT but it is now at least fun to drive.
Something isn't tuned right because the 0.95g (skidpad) of your
'15 wouldn't be difficult for me to best with the gen 1 Negative Roll
on my '66.

2015 GT - Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g (courtesy of Car & Driver)

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts