Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I ran across some notes I had for taillights, the Mustang Project has a nice setup I am looking at (6004-UB-SW) I recall it was a really nice kit, might have to give it try. With a new wiring harness it might be the answer. Anyone used this kit in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Once I got into repairing those floor pans, the drivers firewall and frame rails needed repairs as well so I added torque boxes (to both sides) while I was in there. Rust never sleeps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Moved out the 86 GT out of the garage and moved in the 67 to start assembly. Big step forward!

Installed Damplifier Pro Second Skin yesterday, with foil faced jute batting and closed cell foam over that. A pillers will get stuffed with jute as well.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wiring going in. Kwik Wire 14 harness, trunk mount battery/solenoid, Innovate A/F kit, remote trunk release, New Vision Gauges 67 Series Dash Cluster, MSD spark box, GPS speedo, all sorts of fun stuff to keep track of.....

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Coil and spark box installed. Fair amount of work to hide the wiring but it ended up working out. I may move the + and - feeds from the main harness over behind the booster/under the adjuster where I have an existing hole leftover from the old stock wiring feeds.

Front brake lines are in as well, I ran the front passenger line down and along the crossmember to clean up the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
For those who are installing a M2 front end, the Speedway MII kit is great with the exception of one item - its packaged with offset lower control arms.

As you can see they won’t line up/fit with a rod and custom front end. If I had realized this Speedway could have switched the arms for me, so hopefully this saves someone from a similar experience.

I ended up returning just the lower control arms to Speedway, and instead ordering them direct from R&C so I can be sure they fit. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What did it take to use the Late Master Cylinder?

Im looking for a replacement for the factory unit in my 67.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Bolted right into the brake booster, but if you have shock towers I cant guarantee it fits.

You’ll need 2 brake line adaptors as well because the MC ports are metric M10 but the lines are 3/8-24. I got two from amazon for maybe $8 total and they fit perfect.

2000 Mustang V6 non-ABS M/C from Rock-auto

21 - 32 of 32 Posts