Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting repairs on my 1967 fastback. I will be installing new full rear frame rails with torque boxes and I plan on adding the convertible inner rockers.
Is the only difference between fastback and convertible rear rails is the width of the torque box?
I am wondering if it would make sense for me to use the convertible frame rails so I can run the convertible inner rockers the full length to the wheel houses instead of cutting them shorter for the fastback ?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Good questions!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woodchuck- that is kind of what I am wondering. Can I just install the convertible rear frame rails since I'm replacing those anyways? That would save me the time of modifying the fastback torque boxes. I just don't know if the frame rails are identical otherwise.

·
Registered
33,894 Posts
Woodchuck- that is kind of what I am wondering. Can I just install the convertible rear frame rails since I'm replacing those anyways? That would save me the time of modifying the fastback torque boxes. I just don't know if the frame rails are identical otherwise.
I don't know what else might be different, either. I think if it was a hardtop I'd feel better about using convertible rear rails, but being a fastback.... I really don't know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think if I can’t get a definitive answer I will do what you suggest and modify the fastback torque boxes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts