Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a 67 coupe roller worth with absolutely no rust in great shape that already had all the rust repairs done on it? I saw one on marketplace and was wondering what a Good price would be to offer for it.

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
There are a lot of missing parts that will offset any good price that you get.

The small odds and ends will break most any budget.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Agreed it’s just a roller with a ton of parts what’s a decent price to pay you think?

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
Of course, more or less, depending on the overall condition and parts still there or missing,.....

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course, more or less, depending on the overall condition and parts still there or missing,.....
Ya the car is rust free with hood,doors and fenders that are original with a straight 6 that’s not in it and a C4 transmission with allegedly all the parts to finish the car!

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
Allegedly,....

$1,500 would be a bargain then, what’s he asking?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allegedly,....

$1,500 would be a bargain then, what’s he asking?
Allegedly meaning I haven’t went and saw the car yet but supposedly he has every single part to finish the whole car. He didn’t have a price on the ad just said “negotiable” going to look at it in the am I’ll keep VMF posted!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
As a comparison there’s a guy here that restores and flips mostly old Fords that has a 65 roller clean title with some front rail damage for $1750 firm. If you’re not using the car as aparts car and need a clean, legal title I’d see that as $400-500 value as in NV it will cost that or so for a salvage or custom inspection.

He’s had a vert roller with blasted, rotisserie full metal restore for $10k. Usually everything he posts is firm and it seems to sell within a month or so. A couple times a year he cranks out some Fastbacks that appear worthy at least in the pics.

1965 Mustang Coupe and Other Classics - cars & trucks - by owner -...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
'All the parts' is never the whole story. It can still have the harness, and that can be completely chewed and chopped. Not inexpensive to replace and one year only. I would prefer an inexpensive car that needs everything over an almost completely done car - that still needs everything to be top notch. In solid body form, you can do whatever you want, but you also have to figure out what's missing. But I would take one in completely stripped form because I will not use the original suspension anyway and have been through these cars enough times to know the sequence and the traps. Paint isn't cheap, even if you do it yourself. Key to a basket case is to get it for super cheap. You are actually just cleaning out their garage and paying them for the privilege after all.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,273 Posts
Honestly if I found a solid body with little rust or decent repair job repairing the rust i wouldn't hesitate to pay 4-5k$ im in the midst of repairing the typical rust in mine and it would be worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,078 Posts

Tommy is right on the money. Before I bought my car I knew squat about classic Mustangs. So as I dismantled it I bagged and labelled everything. At some point I figured a previous owner took my car apart and quickly reassembled it for sale. Every time I go to put something back on the car I find out I'm missing parts. The small stuff is killing me with multiple shipping fees. Thankfully I'm almost done.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly if I found a solid body with little rust or decent repair job repairing the rust i wouldn't hesitate to pay 4-5k$ im in the midst of repairing the typical rust in mine and it would be worth it to me.
That was my mind set I currently own 3 mustangs and ones was a complete rust bucket before I Started working on it! I wish I would’ve started with a completely rust free body and went from there!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tommy is right on the money. Before I bought my car I knew squat about classic Mustangs. So as I dismantled it I bagged and labelled everything. At some point I figured a previous owner took my car apart and quickly reassembled it for sale. Every time I go to put something back on the car I find out I'm missing parts. The small stuff is killing me with multiple shipping fees. Thankfully I'm almost done.
Well this will be my 4th mustang that I currently own so I thankfully know all the ins and outs and hopefully every part of a mustang but I see what you mean about getting killed on all the little parts!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I paid 600 and 1200 for my rollers. One was like 90% complete and the other had no motor or trans but had all the body panels, seats, extra doors and all the engine accessories. Decent amount of rust on both. I feel like I got good deals on mine. What feels like a bad deal is the 3rd coyote motor, harness, ecu already mates to a t56 for 15k but I want it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well this will be my 4th mustang that I currently own so I thankfully know all the ins and outs and hopefully every part of a mustang but I see what you mean about getting killed on all the little parts!
Four cars! Well done.

I was still building race cars at the time but I remember Wayne Carini looking at a barn find that was a long abandoned project. He was saying how hard it was to buy disassembled cars unless you either inventory it or it’s sorted in a way where you can better see what you have and even then it’s a crap shoot. It stuck with me as I was looking at Mustang shells for the EV classic Mustang. Some of these guys are on glue with baskets they’re asking $5k plus. Many are old parts cars with no title or VIN.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Yeah, "no rust"...because the seller has fixed it all. Ah, take a floor jack and look again, and again.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Th
Four cars! Well done.

I was still building race cars at the time but I remember Wayne Carini looking at a barn find that was a long abandoned project. He was saying how hard it was to buy disassembled cars unless you either inventory it or it’s sorted in a way where you can better see what you have and even then it’s a crap shoot. It stuck with me as I was looking at Mustang shells for the EV classic Mustang. Some of these guys are on glue with baskets they’re asking $5k plus. Many are old parts cars with no title or VIN.
this has a title and matching vin and all the new parts to finish the car interior as well as exterior I think I can hopefully get it for $2,500

1 - 19 of 19 Posts