Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have decided that it is time to let the Mustang Project go to another home. The reason is we are wanting to start a family and going to need something a little more reasonable for a daily driver.

I have done lots of work to it over the last year and half. It runs and drives great.

Champion 3 Row Aluminum Radiator
Edlebrock Preformer 289 Intake with 4 Barrel Demon Carb
Custom 2.5 exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers
Pretonix Electronic Iginition
Rebuilt Transmission.
Rebuilt Power Steering Valve
New Power Steering Pump
New Power Steering Hoses
New Idle Arm and Bushing
New Brake Master Cylinder
New Wheel Cylinders
New Brake shoes
New Shocks all around
Extra Fuse Panel Installed for Radio and Auxiliary Circuits

I have a new in the box Mass Back Carpet Kit that I will include, poly bushings and Rebel's seat extender for the driver.

There is no major rust issues with the car. The floors are solid as well as the cowl area. The main issue is it will need new chrome, new quarters panels and a good paint job. All this was on my list but with the upcoming changes the money won't be allocated for a long time.

I have more into the vehicle but with the changes on the horizon I am torn to keep it or move it on to someone that can finish it.

Car is located in Salt Lake City Utah. I am asking $8500 or best offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The story on the car.

I purchased it from an older gentleman south of Salt Lake City. His best friend picked it up an auction to restore for his grand daughter. She decided that she didn't want it and it was brought to Utah where it was stored in a garage for a few years.

The information that I have is that it was purchased in 1972 by a couple and it was their dream car. They held on to it till they both passed away. The vehicle was taken by the state of California and stored in a impound lot while a next of kin was contacted. When no next of kin was found they sold the vehicle at auction.

According to the Marti Report it was originally a Dealership Car in California. I have clean Utah Title and the Marti Report available.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold to a local guy. He was looking for a project for him and his son. Finally went to a good home.

Going to miss...not sure what to get next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts