Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I have a 67 ford Mustang Conv. that has the deluxe interior. I am looking for the following OEM parts OR I am looking to get directed to someone who can help restore this peices. We are talking about the dash bezels which there are 5 total. 3 are the small peices, 1 that goes to the far left with the air the controls, 2nd one is in the middle of the dash and the last one is to the far right. Then the 2 big peices are the gage bezel and the other is over the glove box. Then on the doors is a brushed aluminun insert.

So what i am seeking is these parts or to find some one that can restore them. There are two materials. Plastic and brushed Aluminun. If you can give me any help in this area, please do or refer me.
Which is the best way to go???????

Thanks for your help in advance.
::

G

·
0 Posts
if and only if you are going to have your original plastic pieces rechromed give Mort Burton a call toll free at 1 877 277 6753. he makes 67 deluxe dash inserts but they will only fit original bezels they will not fit repro stuff don't even bother trying, his parts are not just the brushed aluminum he also makes the backing plates with the tabs he offers the kits either glued to the backing or unglued. the stuff is made to original specs with correct lettering etc. i physically saw his stuff at carlisle this summer and it looks really good. he is in the planning stages to do the door panel inserts as well and by that i mean not justa decal i mean the whole insert with the beaded edge and all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
does any one know of any other places to get the aluminum dash inserts? Just want to check prices and see the quality.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Go with Joe Oliphant in California for your brushed aluminum restoration or you will be disappointed. No one better. Not cheap but the work is time consuming and absolutely brilliant. Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts