Vintage Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
yeah I didnt think so, LOL
looking more like $100k.
You do great work and it sounds like the owner has a deep pocket to do a good build.
I know where there still sits a new 67 dynacorm body I can buy for 13k. Still at the vendor who took it in for stock and no one bought it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I have had questions wanting to know what issue this would be in and I'm happy to say it's in the March issue that just went to the printers.

This is what Brian has been fabricating. It is an under the dash hood release. The hood required a lot of fabrication along with this latch that came off of another Ford. To find out all the details you will have to read the build story in an upcoming issue of Modified Mustangs & Fords magazine.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
90-120k would be my educated guess.

Nothing is cheap, certainly not a custom build like that. Congrats to the owner and kudos to the builder

Cheers. Peter

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The engine came in a couple of weeks ago

We had to change the motor mounts to Ron Morris adjustable to clear the hood.

It runs on pump gas and makes 502HP @5900 and 533 ftlbs torque @3600. Click to see the video.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That's wild a someone pays so much for a shell that still needs work.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
The owner wanted the car assembled so the stainless exhaust could be designed to fit around the Total Control Products rear suspension and subframe connectors in case anything had to be modified before paint.

On the way to the exhaust shop on a dreary rainy day here in Florida

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
The owner has been busy working on other projects at his house. The whole car has been assembled making sure everything fits before it is painted. Once everything fits it will be taken apart and painted. We have been working on getting the vent windows and door glass to fit. We had to find a set of used doors to get all the hardware needed because I could not find everything new. Of course the aftermarket vent windows are shaped wrong and don't fit. The used doors had a set that he sent off to get rechromed.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Of course the aftermarket vent windows are shaped wrong and don't fit. The used doors had a set that he sent off to get rechromed.
Is it the frames or the aftermarket glass that doesn't fit? I had thought about buying the repro frames instead of having my originals rechromed, but I'm starting to seriously reconsider.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Is it the frames or the aftermarket glass that doesn't fit? I had thought about buying the repro frames instead of having my originals rechromed, but I'm starting to seriously reconsider.
We have the complete frames with glass from Dynacorn that is shaped wrong.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Rusty, Thanks again for taking the time to photograph, post and make comments on this awesome build.

Just read the whole thread again from my bed here in the UK

Cheers. Peter

141 - 160 of 307 Posts