Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of the windshield washer bag bracket that is found on early 1967 mustangs? I have had no luck in finding a used one and they aren't available repro.
This bracket is spot welded to the driver side inner fender apron.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Note that the 67 washer bag bracket has a very irregular shape to it. What dimensions are you looking for?
Dcubedus
20200117_135140.jpg

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Mine isnt spot welded.

I thought 65-67 all used the same bracket until the hard tank came out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I thought 65-67 all used the same bracket until the hard tank came out.
To my understanding, the early 67 brackets are unique. I noticed that some suppliers sell a 65-67 bracket. But that is incorrect.
The picture of the one above is original and from my 67 coupe (3/1/67 build date @ San Jose).

Dcubedus

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Note that the 67 washer bag bracket has a very irregular shape to it. What dimensions are you looking for?
Dcubedus
View attachment 760267
I need all dimensions for making the bracket from flat stock. I'm guessing it's around 16 ga?
Length:
Width:
Hole dia:
Bend dimensions and dimensions for the hooks where the bag mounts.
It would be awesome if i could get that info. I'm at the point where I'm going to be painting my engine bay and I want to get this bracket taken care of first.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
A 3/1/67 is not an early build date. Aug 66 would be an early build date for a 67.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A 3/1/67 is not an early build date. Aug 66 would be an early build date for a 67.
Agree that March may not be considered any early mustang from an overall 1967 production standpoint. In this case, the term “early” or “late” is referring to a pre or post production change. The transition from the washer fluid bag to the bottle is believed to have happened sometime in March of 67. Therefore, in the context of this subject, my coupe is considered an ”early” production car as it had the washer bag.

Dcubedius

·
Registered
356 Posts
I need all dimensions for making the bracket from flat stock. I'm guessing it's around 16 ga?
Length:
Width:
Hole dia:
Bend dimensions and dimensions for the hooks where the bag mounts.
It would be awesome if i could get that info. I'm at the point where I'm going to be painting my engine bay and I want to get this bracket taken care of first.
Thanks for the help!
Apologies, but i’m going to need some time to get all of that for you. This is a busy week for me. Please be patient. If anyone else can help out in the meantime, that would be great.

Dcubedus

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of the windshield washer bag bracket that is found on early 1967 mustangs? I have had no luck in finding a used one and they aren't available repro.
This bracket is spot welded to the driver side inner fender apron.
wils : You had better jump on 68projectcar's offer. I had two that I removed from pre-March SJ cars last Summer, and sold each for the same $35 price rather quickly. Beats making your own for sure. I drilled out the spot welds on each, then bead blasted each and offered them for sale.

Like a "dummy", I didn't make any measurements, but did take several pictures of each, which I'll attach here FWIW. One thing you will notice ; Ford was not consistent with where the spot welds were. While they are similar, they are not identical. My January 31 Dearborn bracket has them placed slightly different even than the two SJ ones I removed.

These seem to be getting harder and harder to find. Hope you get the one offered.

Bob
IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0743.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts