Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 month ago I ordered some parts at NPD, and thought that I might as well order, what they lists of decals, needed different places in the engine compartment. In the meantime I've seen posts here saying, that some of those decals they offer, never have been seen on any cars, or should only be on cars from certain plants. So my Q. is, is there a source, where I can see what should be on my car, and where?
Here's some of the decals I bought:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/pahawi/P1020408.jpg

Another Q. - the 390 air cleaner decal seems too wide for the face on the lid. Is that normal or is there other available?
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/pahawi/P1020406.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/pahawi/P1020407.jpg

I didn't get a FRONT decal for the air cleaner base. Should there be such?

My car is a January, San Jose built car, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Yes you do have a collection there ;)

First - no front on your air cleaner.

1- In the bottom left of your picture there is a group of decals for the coil, voltage regulator and starter. You can use them but original all of these were ink stamps not decals. In addition the one for the coil should have a date on it ... which likely will not match your car.

2- Red one in the middle is attached to the condensor that attaches to a plug on the wire loom at the voltage regulator. Simply wrapped and stapled

3- You have a red wire loom tag I've not seen on a car

4- Looks like you have two decals for the AC dryer and condensor. The dryer goes on the side (long ways up and down, readable from the driver's side)

5- Put the Caution decal on your new car or your tool box

6- Would leave the master cylinder decal off (silver with red type) Believe this is an early 67 decal reminding shops about the change in brake fuild that started in May 66

7- Top right is the trunk- spare tire decal. With the trunk open it was placed to the right of the center raised rib on the flat surface. Or the flat area of the bottom right triangle. Both locations have been seen on SJ 67's. More at the first location described

8- Far left tag I do not recognize and the round breather decal I would leave off. Never seen that one used on an original 67 built at San Jose

9- Leaves us with the top left - the tire pressure decal that attaches to the glove box insert. The coolant tag (normally attached to the filler neck or to the overflow outlet and the AUTOLITE tag that we often see (on restored cars) attached to the hood bumper on the passenger side (never found one on an original car ;)

Almost forgot. Yep that's not the best reproduction, is it? Not sure if any fit better as there is only a couple of places making any of the decals :(

The engine decal I'll have to check (for location) Before you do put it on find a wide tape dispenser and tear both ends producing a jagged end. These were originally on bug spools at the assembly plant and they were cut/torn off the roll like a wide piece of tape from what I've seen

Hope this helps

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff_Speegle said:
Hope this helps
It helps A LOT. Just perfect. Thanks Jeff.

Paul

·
Registered
291 Posts
One question I have on the "High Performance" decal. Did S code Mustangs actually get this one or was it the "4V Premium Fuel" version? I've seen both.

On the fitment problem, I trimmed mine as best I could to minimise the overlap. Seem to work OK.

Anthony

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
stricky said:
One question I have on the "High Performance" decal. Did S code Mustangs actually get this one or was it the "4V Fremium Fuel" version? I've seen both.

Have seen the High Performance one on S codes and even the blue T bird style on Thermactor cars with the snorkel air cleaners but in 67 have not seen the regular premium fuel in orange/red (like shown in the picture) color

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.