Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1967 Fastback (Worlds slowest rebuild)

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Israel 
#1 ·
Well, after many years of having a painted shell in the garage, I've decided to get to work making a car out of it. This is going to take forever. I have yet to find a single repro anything that isn't off by half an inch! Going to spend a lot of time this weekend boxing up stuff I bought and sending it back because it not only doesn't fit, it's so far off, the only way to make it work is to cut off the original sheet metal and replace it with crappy, off by half an inch, repro panels. What a nightmare this is going to be.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's not the correct attitude...buy a bigger hammer!! Haha, kidding of course. You're correct, some of the repro stuff is horrible. I will say, find a reputable supplier (i.e. NPD) and buy the "good" stuff. Also remember, they weren't perfect back in the 60's either. Looks like a nice ride and good luck with it...it will come together! BTW, what part of Mississippi?

Allen

#7 ·
Near Gulfport being where, Biloxi, Long Beach?

I'm asking because we spend a lot of summer time right off of the Bay St Louis bridge, eastbound.

I'd love to see the progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.