Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car out of Florida Auto trader in 2002,had a friend go look at it for me.He gave me the green light so I pulled the trigger and had it shipped up to Wisconsin.
Upon looking the car over it was pretty clean but took me a minute to see something was wrong. In the previous resto someone replaced the quarters with coupe panels.What a mess that turned out to be.
I decided to do a body only resto on it so we could drive it. I found a donor FB and used the quarters from just below the body line up to the lead line. Then I did a Shelby type conversion on it. It turned out nice a won some awards including this one from NAPA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I braced it up and started replacing the front aprons. The driver front was in good shape luckily so the two VIN numbers remain in tact. The firewall also had tears and extra holes in it so it just got replaced.

·
Super Moderator
8,854 Posts
Welcome, I’ll be following.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once it was back inside I scrubbed it inside out with a plastic bristle brush,Dawn dish soap and distilled water.
I rinsed with distilled water then loaded up a sprayer with isopropyl alcohol and sprayed it down. I then blew it dry with a Milwaukee electric leaf blower.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts