Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a AAW fuse block in my '67, but my firewall doesn't have the screw holes to mount the box. anyone have a photo of where the box is mounted, I know it's near the gas pedal linkage on the firewall but where exactly?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The old AAW fuse block (more than twice the size of the original) uses one of the original mounting holes and the other needs to be marked with the provided paper template and drilled. I believe the newer version of the harness uses a much smaller fuse block that should bolt into the stock location (pictured above).

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The old AAW fuse block (more than twice the size of the original) uses one of the original mounting holes and the other needs to be marked with the provided paper template and drilled. I believe the newer version of the harness uses a much smaller fuse block that should bolt into the stock location (pictured above).
My problem is, my Dynacorn firewall doesn't have the the original mounting holes, or the locating dimples that are on the template. I have the 1st design fuse block, not the newer one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The world is your oystering then. If you want to put in AC I would suggest putting the block elsewhere. Some have put in in the kick panel area. The wires are long enough to put it anywhere you want. I can tell you that factory AC won't fit with the older style AAW block in the stock location. I don't think Vintage Air or Classic Auto Air units will fit either.

Reactions: Ivan Zubic

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm using the VA system, I've had it in for a test fit but didn't think about any interference with the fuse block location. I'm going to measure the VA unit to see how much room I need for the AAW fuse block. I can move it over to the left side a little if I have to. I do know I have to install the wiper motor and linkage first before the wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts