Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried the search tool but didn't come up with much.
Is there a template or pic out there to help when installed GT emblems on a 67 GT?
I have one for a GTA which says there is a 3/8" gap on each side of the emblem and stripe.
Trying to figure out if the gap on either side of G T is also 3/8"
I've looked at the "pin on letters" web pages on Mustang 360 but they also just show a GTA emblem

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Jeff. I think I recall seeing that post years ago, just couldn't find it this time around.
What's funny is I was the last one to post in that thread! Geez
Would be nice if there was a template made for this like they have now for the 65/66 GT stripes and emblems

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Here's your chance to become immortal in the VMF archives ! (Make that template) lol

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Also noting my research (not what manual it was from thought Ford shop manual but just general info) is spacing around the "GT" letters and the stripe. Should be 1/2" space all around and between letters.
I think I read in shop manual or stripe kit, I started with stripe location on doors. From bottom edge of door to stripe ~ 3/16". I'd have to check but I think same space as in between the stripe itself. Once door stripe on, then do front fender stripe, then do the GT.

I do still have my orig 67 GT front fender, rusty but I can see GT on it.
Attached is a quick pic I took after I did it. Hard to tell but it is 1/2" spacing.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct, 1/2" spacing all around for the GT emblem. The concours forum shows 3/8" spacing on either side of the GTA emblem.
I still have not found anything that shows the location of where to drill the holes for the emblems. They don't sell stick on GT emblems
from what I've seen.
The guy working on my car is going to try to make a template for the GT emblems.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
In the alternative, you cut cut the mounting pins off and use adhesive trim tape to place the "GT" letters in the spot you want.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That's what I did with mine. They've stayed on for 12 years and counting....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Laying out the location of the G T. I have seen the template (attached) and I have acquired a few additional measurements, but looking a couple other references. If anyone can provide any of the following, it would be most helpful.
Passenger side:
- from rear of front fender (by door) to the left hand side of the G
- from rear of fender to middle of T
- from fender wheel opening to middle of T
- from upper belt line to top of T
- from rocker panel trim to bottom of T
Driver side:
- from rear of front fender (by door) to the right hand side of the G
- from rear of fender to middle of T
- from fender wheel opening to middle of T

I don't have the stripes on yet, but I am laying them out as I know that will help. Using these guides:
- lower, thin stripe starts 1/8" up from the door
- 1/2" gap all the way around the letters. Meaning the middle stripe is 1/2" back from the G and the T. Also 1/2" from the top and bottom thin stripes

Attachments

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I just sent this info below to poster G Dub 67 Fastback GT.
I’ll attach what I believe to be my orig 67 fender.
Now just checked spacing on my orig fender,
Between side to side – space between letter and stripe was ~ 3/8”. Between G & T was also ~ 3/8”.
But top to bottom stripe to letters was the ~ ½” space.
The distance from rh side of “G” mounting pin to the “T” mounting pin was ~ 1 ¾”.

But some reason I believe I got my info from a restoration book or picture from stripe vendor.
I know Tony Branda had a lot of stripe info in a book too.

So for some reason I chose to go the ½” space all around and between the “G & T”.

Already sent him additional measurements ie fender edge to letters.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts