Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to tell what color stripes a 1967 GT/GTA had originally from the factory? My car is color code "V" (burnt amber) with a white vinyl top and when I bought it they were black but the car had been repainted once.

In the 25 years since I have only seen two other burnt amber GT's that I can remember -- a convertible with a white top and white stripes and a fastback in a recent Mustang Monthly that had black stripes.

Can anybody help me out with this? Also, where can you get the best reproduction set once I find out which color I need?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
35,881 Posts
What color is your interior?

·
Vendor
3,878 Posts
White top, white stripes...

Black top, black stripes...

I'm 98% certain that's the way Ford would have trimmed-out Burnt Amber on a convertible. And having black stripes would look a bit weird with a white top, unless it was a white car, anyhow. IMHO.

·
Registered
35,881 Posts
I'd go with white, too, even if you could document black originals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you. On a convertible I would expect the stripes to match the top. And they did on the car I saw. But my car is a hardtop with a white vinyl top and I'm not sure about it. The same reasoning should probably apply but the car actually looked really nice with the black stripes on it when I got it. And everything else on the car was and still is very original.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts