Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this car for 17 years. I have a 1967 GTA "S" code 390 fastback. The car has 34,174 actual miles on it. The body is perfect and has been painted in PPG poly black. The original color is lime gold "I" color code. The suspension has been completely removed and replaced on both ends front and rear. All parts have been powdercoated or refinished. The bushings are all poly now. The rear leaf springs have been replaced with stiffer springs. The factory 9" rear is in place and has been completely rebuilt. The differential case was powdercoated black. The tag is in place. The rear brakes have been converted to SSBC disc brakes. The front factory disc brakes have been completely rebuilt with braided lines, etc. I have put Konis on the front. The rear suspension is finished with the exception of the rear Konis, which are not in place. I do not have the rear shocks for the car but they are readily available. The shock perches and "U" bolts and nuts have been powdercoated. To give you an idea of how thoroughly I have been working on this car I can say that the original front rotors have been powdercoated in-between the brake surfaces where the air flows. I have had the ends of the wheel studs powdercoated even though you will never see them. The body bolts all have the correct head markings (I bought the kit). These examples should give you an idea of how thoroughly I am going through the car. The car has been rewired from the engine bay through the interior. All original wiring and replaced parts are with the car. In other words, I kept the parts I pulled off. The 9" rear now has Richmond 3.50 gears and a new Detroit Locker in it. The axles have been replaced with Moser engineering axles.The undercarriage has been stripped and painted just as the body has been. The undercarriage and engine bay were painted the factory eggshell black after being stripped. I have the driveshaft and the C6 that goes with the car. The C6 has less than 1K miles on the rebuild and is not original to the car but the correct linkage is in place. The interior is complete and comes with the car but will need to be restored. The car has the lower console and the 6000 rpm tach in the dash. It has a wood rim blow steering wheel. All glass is good with the exception of the windshield. The original 390 was with the car but was seized and has long since disappeared. The car currently has no engine. I have many new parts that go with the car (NOS bumpers) weatherstrip, original lower radiator brackets and new ones, original GTA emblem and new ones, etc. The car has the pop open GT gas cap. The car currently has a mint original set of 1968 GT wheels on it. These are the chrome ones. I realize some of them were chrome and some were painted silver although I am unsure why. The car did have the exterior decor' group but not the interior decor' group from the factory. I had the chrome rocker moldings removed as I liked it better without them, but that is also easily repaired. I have an NOS set of wheel lip moldings that I was not going to use as I don't personally care for those either. This car is a head turner as it sits! The car has had new floor pans installed by Mustangs Unlimited in Colorado due to pinholes in them. I have pictures of the pans before and after if anyone is concerned over the extent of the rust. There was never any other rust on the car. The floor pans rusted while the car was being stored outside. Not all of the pans had pinholes but I had them all replaced anyway. Needless to say, I was sick about it. The new pans were welded where the originals were welded and the cut lines were matched and not overlapped. I paid quite a bit more for this to be done correctly. All restoration work has been concourse quality. This is a rare and beautiful Mustang. I have the clear title and report on Ford letterhead verifying it's authenticity. The numbers all match on the body and it is obvious that the car was never rusty or seriously hurt in any way. I do have pictures of the car on CD and can send them out, but only to interested parties please.
I do have a 1968 427 sideoiler standard bore block and std crank, as well as a collection of engine parts and a couple of Shelby pieces, that I was going to put in the car but I am not sure I am going to part with those pieces. To clarify, I will probably let go of most of the pieces with the car but the engine and crank will probably stay. Here is your chance to get a beautiful 67 big block fastback with many extra parts, a truly easy car to finish, with parts you can sell to recoop some of your money. I will let it all go (minus motor) for $15k or best offer. I have some connections that I can give you in order to find a 1967 390 if need be.
Thanks for your time.
Marc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to send pictures to both of you. I did get a failure message from hotmail for darbyent. Are you sure of this email address?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike, Yahoo is stating that your email account does not exist. Would you please give me a call so we can verify the address you gave me?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mustang is now sold. The new owner is going to be very happy. Thanks to all who replied and for allowing the post. I will keep checking in to stay updated.

Thanks again,
Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts