Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1967 K-Code Value???

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Roddster 
#1 ·
Add in my local Quick Quater
1967 Mustang, Front end damage, factory 289 high output, 291 Hp :eek:, Auto, tilt wheel, A/C, make offer
If the engine is in good shape, how much would it be worth?

#4 ·
For every single real K motor; a thousand cars are advertised to have them.
"hi performance" can mean.
(any brand) chrome air cleaner
Headers
any aftermarket distributor
glass packs
fresh engine paint
aftermarket valve covers
any intake manifold upgrade, (or aluminum paint on the old one)
and for the young people......
brightly colored ignition wires
braided stainless anything
blue or red anodized aluminum anything
any muffler with a large outlet
a large sticker on the car that has lots of V's and Z's and is generally impossible to read.
I would think a complete 289 K motor not broke or wore out that runs would be worth 1500 at least.
jimbo

#6 ·
I'm just interested in the engine. ::
Considering that a little over 200 K codes (not counting GT 350's) were produced in 67, that is not something that I want to hear. IMHO if that is a real "K" code 67 it could fetch some big bucks (properly restored) fd

G
#8 ·
I seriously doubt it's an original K code. They were 271hp so the seller doesnt know what they are talking about. Most likely a C code with headers and an aluminum intake on it... I would almost bet money this is the case.

#10 ·
That't the first thing I plan on asking the guy. I doubt it's a real K-code either. Probably and A-code w/the dress up kit. I'll keep everyone posted.

#11 ·
I think in 67 to get the K-code you also had to get the GT package and couldn't get AC. He didn't mention it being a GT (who wouldn't ?) and said it had AC. Likely a restomod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.