Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,147 Posts
I ordered a standard Marti report over 10 years ago because I wanted to know the cars build date. Kevin called me wanting a paint chip to verify the color since the paint code is blank. I sent him a chip and he verified Timberline Green. I have searched my shop numerous times looking for that report and can not find it.

Why is the order type of interest?
Mere curiosity/cabin fever? Just wondered whether a dealer ordered it for his lot (Stock) that way or it was customer ordered (Retail). There are other order types too but those are the most common. :)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I was under the impression it was only an option with high country option, I really like the color.
now the hard part is going to be finding the correct formula for the paint mix when the time comes to paint it.
View attachment 748938
PPG has the formula in Deltron Base/Clear only.. I considered it for my 66 Coupe and had them mix me up a 4 oz rattle can of base... I was helping a friend paint his 69 Firebird, sprayed a piece of metal with gray primer, the base and then "cleaned" the gun of left over clear... it is a nice color

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Why is the order type of interest?
I don't know how many there are but the likes of dealer inventory, customer specified, and i think things like retail or "fleet" such as a city or Gov't or business like Hertz etc. The color might fit into the Holiday Inn or Boston Celtics fleet:unsure:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts