Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Could anyone tell me if they had different bases for the center consoles? What I mean is the camera case plastic and the difference between auto and manual. I have looked on the 1975 EPC and it only shows that there was one type unless I missed another part number for the base. I have a center console now but have a gap between the trim and base with my auto trim installed and the trim does not seem to cover this. Could someone please clarify for me?

·
Registered
641 Posts
The only variations of the panel, basic part number 045A36, was color. Even for the convertible and/or air/conditioning, the basic part was modified at the factory to fit. In any case, there is no difference or modification of the panel to account for the difference in transmission type.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I thought you were talking about the plastic base, basic part 045A36. The problem you have is with 045B72, the "Panel - console finish - rear". There is a difference between the manual and automatic transmission for this part, and that is your problem. Refer to the attached picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh, I see my problem now. Sorry I was unclear...I do have and auto with C-4. I have the plate 045B72 plate that was made prior to my car being built. The part number I have is C7ZZ - 65045B72A and the part I believe I would need to cover that gap would be C7ZZ - 65045B72C. Would that be correct for a car built in SJ 12/08/66? And then it would fit the 045A36 base? This seems odd that they would produce this trim in two different shapes based upon time of year built.

·
Registered
641 Posts
To me it appears that you have the manual (-D) part not one for the automatic. Do you see a -A stamped on your part anywhere? If so include a picture.

As far as the MPC date of 12/5, those are usually approximations only, Ford used up stock when they could (e.g. when there was no safety problem), and there were three different plants involved.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That does not make sense. See the attached pictures of my -A part. Note the area accentuated with the blue tape in the background is straight, whereas yours is cut for a manual transmission. Does yours look like a factory cut or modified by a previous owner? Nevertheless the part is not correct for your application.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
FWIW - I have that piece (OEM) for a C6 ("should be same" for C4 - you would need to confirm).
From my Sept '66 SJ car ;)

Shoot me an offer including shipping.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW - I have that piece (OEM) for a C6 ("should be same" for C4 - you would need to confirm).
From my Sept '66 SJ car ;)

Shoot me an offer including shipping.
That does not make sense. See the attached pictures of my -A part. Note the area accentuated with the blue tape in the background is straight, whereas yours is cut for a manual transmission. Does yours look like a factory cut or modified by a previous owner? Nevertheless the part is not correct for your application.
Thank you 67GTA289.....I did find a part for the console. WIthout your assistance I never would have known about the incorrect part that I had for the console. Looks like after a very close inspections that it was altered by someone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts