Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attached my parking brake to the firewall of my '67, as per the shop manual. While the figure in the Shop Manual was difficult to see, I installed the bracket (in the pic below) on the firewall, in the engine compartment, attached to the parking brake assembly.

Do I have this bracket installed correctly?

What does this bracket support...speedo cable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Almost missed this one over here in the general section. ;)

Since this is a manual trans car - its for the return spring that also attaches to the top portion of the equalizer arm. If your restoring it it should be darker in color (looks freshly blasted)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff_Speegle said:
Almost missed this one over here in the general section. ;)

Since this is a manual trans car - its for the return spring that also attaches to the top portion of the equalizer arm. If your restoring it it should be darker in color (looks freshly blasted)
I see now...thanks.

I wasn't sure about the finish, because the previous owner had pickled the engine compartment with grey primer. I did not see any paint under the primer, so I blasted and "Oxisolved" it. Do you think a little oil will darken it up enough?

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts