Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1967 GT500
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still working on the plethora of electrical issues that I have. A new question as I work through stuff. My running lights seem to work fine. Back and front headlights. But, when my park lights are on, ie my headlight knob is only pulled out halfway, I get the right green turn signal arrow on dash lit up. Doesn't flash, just lights up. Replace headlight switch? Separate issue, I am still looking for flasher cans. Turn signal not behind defroster controls like it's supposed to be. Emergency flasher not behind ash tray like it's supposed to be. There is a can mounted behind ash tray on firewall, but no wires attached to it. I am guessing cans were moved behind instrument panel for some reason. I do have some form of flashers, so cans must be somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
You have a ground problem in the light assembly.

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
No, the parking light. It may not be grounded properly.

·
Registered
829 Posts
yeah, at least its narrowed down to the right front turn socket being the culprit with the bad ground.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Does the right indicator flash when the headlight switch isn't pulled out? I once mixed up an indicator light with an instrument light when reinstalling the instrument panel.

·
Registered
1967 GT500
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right indicator dash light does flash only when it's supposed to. Maybe I got lucky and all of my bleed over and weak light problems are due to the right turn signal socket bucket. I'll have to unplug it again tomorrow to see if the rest of the system operates correctly. If so, that may be my only problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts