Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Ford Mustang fastback
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has the deluxe interior and according to the marti report it came with a console. Does this mean it would have came with the upper console or is that a separate option? I know the wire for the light is run to the roof on my car but not sure if they all got that or not?

·
Registered
693 Posts
As 289vert said, the upper console is part of the deluxe interior. The lower console was a stand alone option. That is why it appears separately on the report.

Reactions: GT_SCODE

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
441 Posts
If your car had the overhead console, there should be metal brackets near the rear view mirror, and near the back window where it attached. If you still have the original headliner, there would be small holes where the console screws went through the headliner to attach to the brackets. I love my console and think it adds a lot to the interior looks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I’m in the process of putting my headliner in and I am missing the middle bracket in the rear where the 2 flat trim panels attach to. I also don’t have the front bracket. So the previous owner must have sold everything that went with the upper console.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I think I will. I just purchased the brackets so I will install those before i put the headliner in. Not sure what I'm going to do about the console. It doesn't seem like they make a repo light blue one and finding a used light blue isn't very likely it seems.I suppose i could dye one but not sure how that would look either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts