Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a bunch of parts several months back that included a 100Amp 3 wire alternator. I am finally getting around to doing the install but what I found is that I mistakenly ordered a 1 wire, not a 3 wire. I called in to do a return but it's over their 60-day return policy. I will call them again Monday but not sure I can return it. So, I have to figure out how to install it and if I need anything else, I do have an EFI installed so a bit sensitive that I don't fry that system. I know I should have checked it when I came in so it is my fault just not sure how to get this installed? I do have an EFI installed so a bit sensitive that I don't fry that system.

thank you for your time.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hate to say it, but I wouldn't use a 1-wire. They are hard on batteries, and they cause a lot of problems. They don't maintain a steady voltage very well. They're well-suited to tractors, and not much else. It would be a particularly bad choice to use with EFI, which needs clean, stable, constant voltage.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I disagree with the above statement. But, everyone is entitled to an opinion. My 1 wire has been reliable for many years. My fitech efi seems to like it also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts