Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the correct "Auto light spark plug decal" to be used on a 1968 inline 6 cyl 200 and where it should be placed, I am seeing 3 different decals and not sure which is the correct one for the car.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Can anyone tell me the correct "Auto light spark plug decal" to be used on a 1968 inline 6 cyl 200 and where it should be placed, I am seeing 3 different decals and not sure which is the correct one for the car.
I don't believe Ford had an AUTOLITE SPARK PLUGS decal for 1968 six cylinder mustangs, those were for 1965-67. For 1968 they switched to a decal that reads; IMPORTANT This engine equipped with Autolite parts / Specify Autolite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe Ford had an AUTOLITE SPARK PLUGS decal for 1968 six cylinder mustangs, those were for 1965-67. For 1968 they switched to a decal that reads; IMPORTANT This engine equipped with Autolite parts / Specify Autolite.
I am being told the sticker you mention is for v-8 only, the correct one is orange and white and is in fact auto lite spark plugs, I spoke to a gent from ECS and I am hoping he is correct, just wanted to check with folks here who have more experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are telling me this one that is orange and white is the correct one, FAS163_2048x2048.jpg But Kentucky Mustang says the top one in this pic is for v8 and the bottom red one is correct for my car? anyone know for sure? 0211211609.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
I am being told the sticker you mention is for v-8 only, the correct one is orange and white and is in fact auto lite spark plugs, I spoke to a gent from ECS and I am hoping he is correct, just wanted to check with folks here who have more experience.
Whoever you spoke to at ECS gave you incorrect information. The decal they told you is correct for your 1968 6cyl. is for 1965-1967. EVEN THEIR OWN WEBSITE HAS THAT DECAL LISTED CORRECTLY THAT WAY.

The 1968 289/302 V8's only decal is the one that has the air cleaner element no. FA-50 at bottom right:

NPD has the concours correct decal for your 1968 6cyl. Part# 9D600-1 with filter element no. FA-51 at bottom right, and (as I stated in post #2) it doesn't say anything about spark plugs on it:

Got all that?;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the correct AUTOLITE decal Thanks to 4ocious! My research says it goes on the drivers side of the air cleaner, I am also seeing this FOMOCO parts sticker that also may go on my air cleaner on the drivers side? can anyone confirm if this was used on a 68 200 inline 6 air cleaner and where it is placed, seems like not much room to put both on same side of OEM air cleaner... 0216211442.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts